It is possible to obtain exemption from the registration fee, but not from course materials (CLT or commercial course books).
During online registration you need to pay the full registration fee. If you are granted a partial or a full registration fee exemption, please send us the necessary documents and your bank account number after your registration. We will refund the registration fee as soon as possible.
Total exemption is granted on the basis of the following attestations:
- you are enrolled in a course in the study area of General Education;
- you are enrolled in the Experience Expertise in poverty and social exclusion training;
- you receive material assistance at the time of registration in accordance with the law of 12 January 2007 on the reception of asylum seekers and certain other categories of foreigners;
- you acquire an income through social services or a living wage at the time of registration, or you are dependent on someone in these categories;
- at the moment of registration, you are residing as a prisoner in one of the Belgian penal institutions;
- you are residing as an intern in a psychiatric institution at the time of registration;
- you are residing as a juvenile delinquent in a youth institution;
- you are residing as a refugee without legal residence in a closed federal centre;
- you have signed an integration contract (and are therefore following an integration process), or you have already obtained an integration certificate or EVC certificate (Recognition of Competencies), and you want to follow a course in Dutch as a second language orientation grade 1, Dutch as a second language orientation grade 2 and Latin script;
- at the time of registration you receive an income via a provisional allowance or unemployment benefit for a course that is followed within the framework of a pathway to work recognized by the VDAB, including a system of unemployment with a company allowance with compulsory registration at the VDAB;
- you are enrolled in Dutch as a second language, target grade 1, basic education course.
If you are dependent on someone, we expect both a certificate proving that that person belongs to one of the categories concerned and a declaration of honour that you both sign.
For more information go to https://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/nl/vrijstelling-van-inschrijvingsgeld-in-het-volwassenenonderwijs
To be legally valid as evidence, a certificate from the OCMW may not be older than one month at the time of registration.
Private courses are not eligible for a full exemption.
When the administrative deadline of a course is past, it’s not possible to refund anymore.